Lithium Ion Battery Advantages & Disadvantages
The use of li-ion batteries has grown significantly in recent years.Many of our tools are also equipped with li-ion batteries, such as electric drill, electric wrenches, electric Reciprocating saw, electric air blower, etc.
However, like all technologies, lithium ion batteries have their advantages and disadvantages.
1. The energy is relatively high. With high storage energy density, it has reached 460-600Wh/kg, which is about 6-7 times that of lead-acid batteries;
2, long service life, the service life can reach more than 6 years, lithium iron phosphate is the positive battery 1C (100% DOD) charge and discharge, there are records that can be used 10,000 times;
3, the rated voltage is high (the single working voltage is 3.7V or 3.2V), which is equal to the series voltage of 3 nickel-cadmium or nickel-hydrogen rechargeable batteries, which is convenient to form the battery power pack; the lithium battery can be adjusted by a new type of lithium battery. The technology of the press, the voltage is adjusted to 3.0V, suitable for the use of small appliances;
4, with high power bearing capacity, which lithium iron phosphate lithium ion battery for electric vehicles can achieve 15-30C charge and discharge capacity, easy to start high-intensity acceleration;
5, the self-discharge rate is very low, which is one of the most outstanding advantages of the battery, generally can be 1% / month or less, less than 1 / 20 of the nickel-hydrogen battery;
6, light weight, the weight of the same volume is about 1/6-1/5 of lead-acid products;
7, high temperature and low adaptability, can be used in the environment of -20 ° C -60 ° C, after the process of processing, can be used in -45 ° C environment;
8. Green and environmental protection, no matter whether it is produced, used or scrapped, it does not contain any toxic and harmful heavy metal elements and substances such as lead, mercury and cadmium.
9. Production basically does not consume water, which is very beneficial for China that lacks water. Specific energy refers to the energy per unit weight or unit volume. The specific energy is expressed by Wh/kg or Wh/L. Wh is the unit of energy, W is watt, h is hour; kg is kilogram (weight unit), and L is liter (volume unit).
1. Lithium primary batteries have poor safety and there is a danger of explosion.
2. The lithium ion battery of lithium cobalt oxide can not discharge at a large current, and the price is expensive and the safety is poor.
3, lithium-ion batteries need to protect the line to prevent the battery from being overcharged and discharged.
4. High production requirements and high cost.
5, the use of conditions are limited, high and low temperature use is dangerous.